We are a Be You school and aim to be a positive community which is founded on respectful relationships and a sense of belonging and inclusion.
Teaching social and emotional skills is an important part of our curriculum. We offer programs to develop each student’s capacity to fulfil their own potential and contribute positively to their family and community now and in the future. We use the following programs and strategies to help students develop self-regulation, motivation, respect, empathy, confidence, cooperation, resilience and social skills:
- Play is the Way social skills program
- Keeping Safe Child Protection Curriculum
- Community programs such as Active Elders
- Flinders University and community mentors
- Student leadership opportunities such as Voice of Kids (VoK), house captains and senior leaders
- Cyber Safety sessions run by SAPOL
- Breakfast Club (every Wednesday 8.15-8.45 am)
We also have specially trained staff who support our students and their families:
- Deputy Principal with a focus on student wellbeing, and inclusion
- Aboriginal Community Education Officer
- Pastoral Care Worker
We, at Ascot Park Primary School, acknowledge that the land on which we work, learn and play is the traditional land of the Kaurna People. We pay our respects to Elders past and present, and to the young leaders of tomorrow. We recognise their ongoing connection to Country and in the spirit of reconciliation, we will take action to respect the animals, lands, waters and cultural beliefs of our First Nations Peoples.